This Unit is responsible for the implementation of the various multilateral environmental conventions that Saint Vincent and the Grenadines has signed. These include the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity (UNCBD), The Montreal Protocol, the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) and the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety.
- To phase-out the use of CFCs in SVG.
- To reduce the effects of land degradation in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- To assist SVG to adapt to the possible impacts of climate change.
- To protect, conserve and use in a sustainable manner the biological resources in SVG.
- To ensure an adequate level of protection to human health and the environment from the use of LMOs/GMOs
- To monitor the implementation of NEMS.
- To increase knowledge of environmental issues in SVG.
- To Re-establish the NEAB