The Community Health provides the following services:
Expand the Audio-logical Services to industrial sites throughout the state. Maintain the Immunization coverage above 95% for vaccine preventable diseases. Provide Healthy Life Style practices through Health Promotion/Counselling
People travelling should call to find out what vaccines they can take for a particular country;
Caribbean – Yellow Fever.
International – Cholera, Plaque, Rabies, Meningitis, Malaria.
Services at Clinics
The Clinic offers a comprehensive service that includes:
Maternal and Child Health
- Antenatal clinic (pregnant)
- Post-natal clinic (6 weeks after birth of baby).
- Puerperal visits (day after birth of baby).
- Child Health (2 months after birth of baby)
- Physical Assessment on Growth and Development
- Family Planning
- Adolescent Health
- Pap Smear
Note: At Puerperal, Postnatal and Child Health Clinics the baby and mother are weighed and examined for any abnormal findings. Immunization and counselling is done.
- To follow up clients.
- To educate any defaults by, for example, antenatal mothers and children who miss their appointments for immunization.
- Medical clinic conduct by the District Medical Officers as conducted weekly, with the exception of Kingstown where there are daily medical clinic education services.
School Health Services
- Physical Assessment
- Educational Session
- Screening of Eyes
- Screening of workers at Industrial sites
- Audio-logical Services (hearing)
- Screening of eyes
- Screening for infectious diseases