The mission of the Health Planning and Information Unit is to direct the strategic operational planning process, develop, monitor, evaluate and coordinate health programmes, which target the improvement of the service, care and health status of the people of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Its mission is to generate and distribute health information to the Ministry of Health personnel, individuals, communities and agencies/departments at the local, regional and international levels.
To provide accurate and timely health information to all, in support of effective decision-making.
- Strengthen the planning process with the Ministry of Health and the Environment.
- Strengthen capacity building of the HIPU for better service to the public.
- Monitor the health aspect of the Public Sector Investment Programme (PSIP).
- Maintain a system of data collection and analysis that provides information on morbidity and mortality trends within the population on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis as appropriate.
- Integrate new surveillance programmes into existing programmes.
- Monitor and evaluate surveillance system.