The National Family Planning Programme in the Ministry of Health Wellness and the Environment will be hosting a symposium in Canouan on May 26th, 2018, under the theme "Healthy Men: Living with purpose, Building on Health”.
The purpose of the symposium is to heighten the awareness of preventable health problems, to encourage early detection and treatment of diseases among men.
For the past two years, the Ministry of Health, Wellness, and the Environment, through the National Family Planning Programme, have been conducting programs to incorporate men from different institutions within the country. The focus for 2018 will be on men in the workplace in Canouan. An invitation is extended to all men in Canouan, the session will commence at 9:00 am.
The Objectives are:
1. To provide information on Chronic, Non Communicable Diseases. including lifestyle changes necessary to prevent, manage, and treat health-related conditions Hypertension and diabetes (HTN, DM).
2. Increase awareness of Sexually Transmitted Infections and their signs and symptoms.
3. Increase awareness of sexual reproductive health among men
4. Provide information on nutritional requirements for working men
5. Screening for diabetes (DM),hypertension ( HTN),weight ( WGT), and HIV
6. Treatment and referral of persons as necessary.
SOURCE: Ministry Of Health Wellness And The Environment