The Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment wishes to advise that as more countries report community spread of COVID-19, mandatory quarantine of travelers from these countries will be implemented.
It is based on this public health practice that a group of students, teachers and chaperones who recently returned from Guadeloupe are on mandatory quarantine for 14 days. Household members of these persons have been advised to voluntary quarantine themselves.
The public is reminded to practice proper hand and respiratory hygiene by:
- Washing hands regularly with soap and water or use of an alcohol-based gel.
- Covering mouth with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing or use tissue then dispose of used tissue immediately.
- Avoiding close contact with people who have flu-like symptoms
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding sharing cups, plates or other personal items and disinfect all surfaces that are touched frequently.
- If you have traveled to areas where COVID-19 is circulating or have been in contact with someone who has it and you experience fever, cough or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention immediately.
- Do not self-medicate.
SOURCE: Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment